During this CoVid-19 crisis ongoing in our nation, many (most) of our churches and congregations are not able to physically meet. Although our classes may not be able to meet – it is the recommendation of the Sunday School board to “meet” virtually if possible.
The goal is to not only to provide religious education during this time – but more importantly to provide for the students to connect with their “spiritual” community. Ten years from now, students should remember how the church responded to reach out and connect to them.
Also see Virtual Class Training
Remote Collaboration Tools
During this pandemic, many online collaboration/meeting software and tools are free. Here are some that can be used:
- Google Meet Hangouts (upgraded due to covid)
- Checkout Biju Thomas presentation and video on signing up for GSuite for free as a non-profit.
- Advantages: Can use even after immediate crisis, simple interface
- Disadvantage: Need to get account “verified” as non-profit
- Webex (free til July)
- Advantages: Can use immediately (after account setup)
- Disadvantage: Higher setup / technical setup…
Orthodox Prayer for Healing
Other Notes / Recommendations
- Siblings – your teachers may need to coordinate their class schedules in case there are not enough electronic devices in a household and the “virtual” classes occur at the same time.