Below you can find some sample questions on the Holy Qurbono – Public Celebration – Mass of the Catechumens! It is provided in various formats. (Questions provided by St. Mary’s Miami.)
- Question Sheet: Click here
- Answer Sheet:
Online Questions Here
- Who was the Mass of the Catechumens primarily intended for?
- What does the Mass of the Catechumens consist of?
- What does the opening of the Thirasheela represent at the start of the Public Celebration?
- Who do the celebrant and deacon/thurifer holding the candle represent when they move in a procession around the thronos? (after “Mariyam Dheelethok…”)
- What does this procession signify? What does the censing around the altar symbolize?
- Who heard the angels sing the Trisagion and when/where?
- During the lections (Bible readings) the deacon/altar server steps down to the chancel step. What does this and the readings at the north and south sides symbolize?
- What does the word ‘Habibai’ mean?
- What does the word ‘Ahai’ mean?
- What do the lit candles during the Gospel reading represent?