Below you can find some sample questions on the Holy Qurbono – Preparation! It is provided in various formats. (Questions provided by St. Mary’s Miami.)
- Question Sheet: Click here
- Answer Sheet:
Online Questions Here
- The participants need to spend time in _________, ____________, and ______________ in order to be filled with thankfulness and repentance.
- Without _____________, we cannot get reconciled with God and dedicate ourselves to God’s will.
- What are the 4 types of abstinence we should practice while preparing for the Qurbono?
- When should the preparation for Holy Communion begin?
- When should you begin to fast if you plan to receive Holy Communion?
- What should you refrain from in order to prepare in fasting and prayer?
- Per the Canons of the Holy Church, we are advised to not talk to _________ before attending the Holy Qurbono. Hence it is better practice to _____________ as far as possible.
- What is the name of the prayer the celebrant offers to those that are coming to receive Holy Communion?
- (In reference to the answer from #8) It replaces the Sacrament of Holy Confession. True or False?
- Why do we take our shoes off before entering the Church?
- What is the prayer we say when we enter the Church?
- When is the dough for the Eucharistic bread prepared? When is it baked?
- What is the name of the set of preparatory prayers before the Holy Qurbono when the sanctuary is concealed by the veil?
- What are the 2 orders of priesthood, per the Holy Bible?
- How is Malchizedeck described in the Bible?
- What is it called when the priest turns to the congregation and asks for forgiveness and prayers to make him worthy to offer the living sacrifice? When is the first time he does this?
- After the priest places the bread in paten, the chalice is prepared with equal water and wine. What does this represent?
- What does the Order of Aaron symbolize?
- When the celebrant covers the paten and chalice with the Shushefo, he censes the mysteries 3 times at the center, 3 times on the left, and 3 times on the right. When he censes on the left, he ____________.
- How is the Order of Aaron concluded?
- What are the names of the 2 parts of the Public Celebration of the Holy Qurbono?
- As part of the Holy Qurbono, the Church provides the opportunity for special prayers. Name the 4 categories of special prayers. When are they remembered?