Below you can find some sample questions on the Holy Qurbono – Public Celebration – Pre-Anaphora! It is provided in various formats. (Questions provided by St. Mary’s Miami.)
- Question Sheet: Click here
- Answer Sheet:
Online Questions Here
- What are the rites included in the Pre-Anaphora?
- What does ‘Staumen kalos’ mean?
- What does ‘Kuriyelaison’ mean?
- What is the importance of the Promion?
- After the Promion, the celebrant places incense and unfolds the left corner of the Shushefo. What does he say when he does this and what does it symbolize?
- What prayer follows the Promion? What is the importance of it?
- What is the long prayer reflecting on the fundamental tenets of our faith and on the greatness of the divine Qurbono called?
- The blessing of the censer is also a ______________.
- Describe which part of the Qurbono the celebrant asks for Shubkono for the SECOND time.
- When was the Nicene Creed formulated, where, and by whom?
- The Nicene Creed was formulated after the Church determined the New Testament. True or False?
- What are the major tenets of the Nicene Creed?
- What are the 4 fundamental characteristics of the Holy Church, as written in the Nicene Creed?