We are pleased to present a Sunday School Lenten Retreat Guide developed by the Educational Enhancement team. In order to provide a consistent education experience throughout the diocese, it is encouraged for each region/parish to conduct a Sunday School Lenten retreat based on the theme presented here. These are resources, templates, topics, guides, and activities that can be used to conduct such a Lenten Retreat for your Sunday School students at the regional or parish level.
“Jesus My Healer”
Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; Save me and I shall be saved, for You are my praise ~ Jeremiah 17:14
The retreat will be focused on four healing miracles of Christ:
- Healing of the bent woman (Luke 13:10-17)
- Healing of the blind man (John 9:1-41)
- Healing of the leper (Luke 5:12-16)
- The raising of Lazarus from the dead (John 11:1-44)
Downloads / Resources
- Lesson Plans
- Sample Timeline / Activity Breakdown (PDF) (docx)
- Daily Prayers (PPT / GoogleSlides)
- Worship Songs
Kaumo For Holy Week
Lenten Retreat Theme Song
Click on the below links to go to the lesson guides for a particular class.
Appendix / Extra Stuff
Instructions to customize flyer
- Goto https://www.easel.ly/infographic/yz6pn8 in a modern web browser.
- Zoom Out so you can see full picture (zoom button is to the right of the upload button)
- Select and edit the text as needed
- Double click on the text blocks to edit
- Click somewhere else on the picture to finish editing
- Select “Download->Low Quality” from the menu to get the editted picture
- Even though it says “Low Quality” – it should be fine for printing.