- Print out the picture of the icon of the wedding at Cana.
Click here for document to print
- (Before the lesson) Ask the kids to guess what is the going on in the picture.
- Don’t tell them the answer… tell them we will go over it at the end of class.
- Go over the story Wedding of Cana once.
- Especially emphasizing who said what and in what order.
- Master of Ceremony (to St. Mary) –>
- St. Mary (to Jesus) –>
- Jesus (to St. Mary) –>
- St. Mary (to Servants) –>
- Jesus (to Servants) –>
- Master of Ceremony/Guests
- Have the kids act out of the story
- Assign kids to be Mary, Jesus, Master of Ceremony, Servants
- Have them switch roles a couple times (if many students)
- Have them act it out at least 2 times.
Other things to bring up:
- First miracle of Christ
- Church celebrates this miracle on the first Sunday of the Great Lent
- Point out intercession of saints.
- Go back to picture from warm up and ask what was that picture about.
- Play Kahoot in teams
- You’ll need an IPad/Projector + at least 2 other smart devices (like a smartphone/ipad)