- Students will be able to recall key facts from the story of Esther
- Students can describe the morals from the story to apply in their life.
Lesson – Guided Practice
Students splits as 4 groups, discuss among them about learning from Esther’s story.
- God has a plan for each of us.
- Story: Esther was a very beautiful woman, through that she was placed in a position to accomplish God’s plan of delivering the Jews.
- Learning: Each of us have a unique talent / gift given by God. Use it to deliver God’s plan.
- When you need direction: pray
- Story: Esther didn’t know whether to go to the King or not, she asked that everyone pray and fast for 3 days.
- Learning: When we face moments where we need direction, pray for God’s grace. He will show us the right path and strength to pursue the path.
- Stand with courage
- Story: Esther was willing to die to save here people
- Learning: We must stand with courage, even when it is not popular to do so.
- God honors humility
- Story: Haman wanted to kill Mordecai because he didn’t bow down. But he was killed on the same gallows he prepared to kill Mordecai.
- Learning: Be humble in life, especially in victory.
BE STRONG – when you are weak
BE BRAVE – when you are scared
BE HUMBLE – when you are victorious
Write in the journal. Pick 2 instances from Esther’s life:
- Describe them
- What can we learn from it to practice in our life?