- Students can summarize destruction of Judah and Israel
- Students can describe the destruction of temple of God at Jerusalem
Picture of Babylon attacking Jerusalem and taking Israelites as slaves
Lesson – Guided practice
Students split as 4 groups, each reading separate parts and then teach rest of class.
- Destruction of the kingdom of Israel/Samaria
- Destruction of the kingdom of Judah
- Destruction of the temple at Jerusalem
- Zedekiah – what did he do and what happened
- Students write in journal about destruction of kingdoms of Judah and Israel
- What happened
- Why it happened
- How it happened
- When it happened (e.g. when X was the king)
- Students write in journal about the destruction of temple of God
- Students write 1 instance from their life where they stood up (or should have stood up) against something wrong that happened around them.