Those who seek him attain salvation, never belittle the gifts of god.
- Moses and his people continued their journey
- They reached Edom, but could not go through, the king did not let them
- Because of this, they had to go around Edom where they reached mount Hor.
- At mount Hor Aaron, brother of Moses passed away
- At mount Hor, Aaron’s son Elazear became the priest (ordination like today)
- From Hor, the people traveled to the Red Sea
- This journey annoyed Israelites and they started to complain against God and Moses
- God sent serpents after them and many people were bitten and died
- The people knew they were wrong and repented to God through Moses
- God told Moses to make a bronze serpent which he hung on a pillar in the center of the camp
- God told people to look at the bronze serpent pillar if they were bitten.
- Those who believed truly and looked at the bronze serpent were healed.
Objective oriented discussion:
- What is salvation?
- What gifts has god given us in our life today? Do we appreciate them?
- If we were in the place of the Israelites, how can we show appreciation to god?
- Was it the bronze serpent that saved the people? What was the point of the bronze serpent?
- How does this remind us of the cross?
Moral: When you’re in trouble, look to God who can save you.